Friday, September 19, 2014

Solar, Wind, and Other Alternatives To Power Grid Power Part 1

Having an alternative energy source makes sense on a homestead. Even if it's just to supplement the grid power. I read about people who don't want to rely on a freezer for food storage because of the potential for power loss. But with how affordable things like solar panels are these days, there should be no reason for you to never have power. Well, maybe a major natural or manmade disaster. But just from a regular outage you should be ok, I would assume.

Do you have any experience with solar or any other kind of alternative energy? I saw a guy on Doomsday Preppers who was using his pig poop (and his own) to make methane to burn. That sounds kind of dangerous to me but I don't know if it really is. And, I really like the idea of wind power too. It's windy even when the sun's not out, even more so sometimes! And it's just there waiting to get used for something other than messing up your hair and blowing away your dirt. Let's use some of this stuff man!

Follow me on FACEBOOK if you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment